My name is Miss Ryan and I will be one of the teachers in Rooms 18A and 18B this year...yes there will be two teachers. It sounds like it will get confusing, but it won't. The other teacher is Mrs Holmes. We are both looking forward to meeting all of you!!
I guess you are thinking about the first day and what to do and where to go, what to bring, where to wait, what do I do with the stationery, how do I leave gracefully???????
The transition to school can be a stressful time for parents, I hope this helps...
- on the first day, go to the hall, Mr Macmillan will welcome you and bring you to the class
- if you have brought stationery; label it and bring it all to class on that first day. We will keep it at school. You are welcome to cover it anyway you please...or not
- no need for a pencil case
- make sure you have a blue sunhat that is clearly named
- invest in a decent sized school bag, they need lots of room in their bags for their things
- pop on some sunscreen before you arrive at school, I have tubs in the class for them too: please let me know of any skin conditions
- pack a good lunch, slice whole apples and oranges into quarters for them, try not to overload them on packaged treats, get them off to a healthy start and keep it that way
- water is available at school, however, if you would like to send a water bottle along - you are most welcome. Please make sure you clearly label all belongings
- we will do a little orientation on the first day so that children know where the toilets and drinking fountains are, please inform me if there are any toileting concerns
- in Week 2; children will bring home a reader and they can read it to you, sign the Reading Log Book and return in their book bag the next day - EASY. If your child shows any hesitation or reluctance to read, then simply read the story to them. Your child will also have access to a Reading Eggs account - more information will follow.
- swimming will start in Week 2. We will be swimming in the even weeks in the afternoons. Children need to bring togs and a towel, no need for goggles. Children, have a go at getting into your togs before you get to school
- check out the school website and subscribe to the newsletter so that you are up to date with everything happening in the school
- feel welcome to be in the classroom at anytime and ask as many questions as you need to
- if you are thinking about a sport in the first term, touch rugby will be starting very soon. Keep an eye on the newsletter on how to sign up
You can contact me anytime if there is something you wish to discuss or if you have any questions...my email is email@example.com
I look forward to meeting you all on Wednesday...see you then